Location: Eugene, Oregon
General Description: This is a full time, fast paced position that is responsible for and responsive to all areas of Mountain Rose Herbs (MRH) and mechanical equipment located at multiple sites.
Performs skilled maintenance, repairs, adjustments, and ongoing monitoring of all mechanical equipment to ensure that all are properly maintained and in good working order. Trains less-skilled employees in basic upkeep and assists the Facilities Director in planning work, upkeep of maintenance logs, purchasing/obtaining parts and equipment as needed, coordinating outside vendors as needed for mechanical repairs/upkeep outside of the expertise onsite, and in project management.
Researches, develops, and presents information/demonstrations regarding refining, upgrading, and implementing company-wide mechanical solutions in a manufacturing environment to ensure both efficiency and cost-effectiveness for the overall mission.
This position starts at $30.00/hr. DOE
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
Knowledge of: Power and hand tools used in facilities equipment/vehicle maintenance; recordkeeping techniques and regulations, including use of automated record systems; OSHA workplace health and safety standards and procedures; use of personal computers to use automated recordkeeping tools, automated system controls, and email; customer service practices.
Skilled in: Computer use to maintain logs, inventories and purchasing records; respond to service requests and emails; monitor and manage work orders in the computerized maintenance management system; access and set automated control systems.
Possess and demonstrate a high degree of competency in the application, installation, trouble shooting and repair of Automation Control and their components to include: Programable Controls; Photo Eyes Proximity Sensors; Indexers and Servomotors.
Possess applicable knowledge/skills to include trouble shooting and repairs/maintenance on electrical and hydraulic systems.
Preferred candidate to be either an EE or ME.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities (May perform some or all of the duties listed below).
- Dependability: is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback for improved performance.
- Following MRH procedures and protocols to include safety protocols and GMP procedures at all times
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and organize in an efficient manner
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment, electrical, mechanical and control systems and related components; tests system competency and component devices and evaluates performance. Assists Facilities Director in planning and scheduling preventative maintenance work and recommends approaches to preventative maintenance programs.
- Repairs and maintains a variety of facilities equipment and components.
- Coordinates with equipment operators and department supervisors for both routine maintenance and repairs.
- Troubleshooting equipment issues and looking at critical points to ensure proper functionality.
- Performs service and preventative maintenance on small, motorized equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and identifies when appropriate for external service provider to make repairs or perform warranty work.
- Identifies repair and maintenance projects requiring the assistance of contractors or vendors; participates in estimates and evaluations of project costs; monitors work of vendors or contractors.
- Trains less-skilled staff in proper use and upkeep of machinery.
- Maintains a broad working knowledge of materials, systems and code requirements related to maintenance of facilities.
- Maintenance of company vehicles under the guidance of the Facilities Director:
- evaluate needed repairs and perform if able.
- co-ordinate and schedule routine maintenance and repairs for vehicles.
- Shuttle vehicles to dealership and repair sites.
- Co-ordinate with Facilities Director to determine if replacement rental vehicle is necessary.
- Oversee or perform interior and exterior cleaning. Make sure vehicle cleaning logs are kept up to date.
- Knows and understands all safety procedures/protocols required for safe operation of all equipment and responsible for reporting any observed misuse or improper handling of equipment/vehicles.
- Able to operate and evaluate the operational functions of all equipment and vehicles as well as being responsible for observing and reporting any maintenance needs. and is responsible for its safe operation and reporting any observed maintenance needs.
- Under the direction of the Facilities Director and working closely with multiple departments, respective department supervisors and Director level staff in projects related to innovation, implementation and upgrades to new and existing systems.
- Conduct extensive research and development (R&D) regarding upgrades and implementation of equipment to modernize and enhance efficiencies across all manufacturing processes both current and future.
- Collaborates extensively with numerous MRH Directors to ensure that both the ‘big picture’, stated goals, and overall manufacturing needs are being met while implementing new equipment/processes.
- Maintains appropriate records and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors with exposure to various weather conditions. May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, noise, and temperature extremes. Position involves frequent bending, standing, kneeling, climbing, reaching below and above shoulders, and lifting objects weighing up to 50 lbs. while performing job duties. Wrist, hand and finger dexterity is required to operate various equipment and materials.
Use a variety of tools and power equipment; plan and coordinate work; track and plan preventative maintenance work; maintain records and reports in computerized and written formats, compliant with regulatory requirements; effectively use email and automated calendaring systems; make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately; learn and apply health and safety regulations; work independently with minimal supervision; understand and follow oral and written directions; optimize efficiencies provided by automated maintenance management and service request tools; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to push/lift 75 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders
- Bending at waist, sitting, kneeling, climbing, walking, crouching as job may
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Working in high noise levels requiring hearing protection
- Working around lubricants, solvents, batteries, cleaning fluids
You may also want to: