Location: Eugene, Oregon
This position must follow regulatory, Oregon Tilth regulations, Safety regulations, and GMP compliance at all times.
Supervised by: Buildings and Grounds Coordinator and Facilities Director
General Description: This is a full-time position, primarily located at our Main Campus location. The custodian is responsible for the cleanliness of and upkeep of the facilities. Completing each task on the cleaning logs within the designated time frame. Assisting with recycling and waste removal for the entire company. Ensuring that we remain within and/or surpassing the requirements of Oregon Tilth and any other state or federal agencies.
Wage starting at $17.00 per hour.
***Staff hired for a swing and/or weekend shift receive a $1/hr. shift differential
Knowledge Skills and abilities required:
- Excellent and efficient janitorial skills including sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and dusting.
- The Ability to clean a department thoroughly in an appropriate amount of time.
- Efficiency, good organization skills.
- Ability to take instructions and to work independently.
- Ability to use a variety of cleaning apparatus.
- Must effectively communicate with the Buildings and Grounds Coordinator and Facilities Director as well as other staff/departments and have a professional demeanor.
- As well as the ability to follow instructions and work well with others in a team orientated environment.
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to drive.
- Ability to utilize assorted power tools typically associated with custodial and landscape maintenance duties.
- Position requires the ability to "shift gears" at a moment's notice and have a Professional Attitude.
- Must have the ability to perform quick and accurate work with a strong attention to detail and cleanliness.
- Dependability: is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback for improved performance.
- Following MRH procedures and protocols
- Daily, weekly, bi weekly and monthly responsibilities including many tasks all of which are outlined on the cleaning logs.
- Keeping accurate and current cleaning logs
- Responsible for moving all recyclable materials through to their assigned receptacles with minimal accumulation.
- Ensuring that the recycling program is working efficiently. Reporting any problems found.
- Stocking and maintaining departments with paper products and cleaning supplies as necessary.
- Assisting the Buildings and Grounds Coordinator, Facilities Director, and Automation Technician with maintenance, construction and repair issues as needed.
- Travel to other local site for duties.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Physical Requirements Include but are not limited to:
- Working in a fast paced environment containing dust and known hazards such as essential oil spills
- Heavy Lifting may be required, up to 75 lbs, as well as moving heavy and/or large/bulky materials associated with the cleaning and other duties for the facilities.
- Must be able to perform the physical twisting, stooping, bending at knees, bending at the waist, etc related with essential custodial duties
- Must be able to be on one's feet most of the day as well as up and down stairs, walking between buildings, etc
- Exposure to herb dust and to strong aromatics
Tools and Equipment used:
- Mobile cart
- Hand-held radio
- Basic cleaning equipment to include but not limited to: mops, buckets, vacuums, approved cleaning agents, etc
- Carts, barrels, large recycling receptacles
- Ladders, step stools, etc
- Other equipment as needed with the proper training and safety precautions in place