Customer Service Representative (Email and Live Chat)
Location: Eugene, Oregon
General Description: Mountain Rose Herbs is seeking qualified and enthusiastic individuals to become part of our Customer Service Representative team. This position is primarily written communication and customer service provided via email and live chat. We require exceptional customer service skills, fast and accurate typing, a cheerful demeanor, the ability to multitask, and a general interest in herbal knowledge. Customer Service Representatives are not sales staff, they are facilitators and distributors of MRH knowledge.
The starting wage for this position is $16.00/hr.
***Staff hired for a swing and/or weekend shift receive a $1/hr. shift differential
After initial training period: Customer Service Representatives must demonstrate a working knowledge and comprehension in the following areas:
- Dependability: is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback for improved performance.
- Following MRH procedures and protocols, including policies set out for the Customer Service department.
- Strong familiarity with our website and other Mountain Rose Herbs programs and printed materials.
- Familiarity and understanding of the information provided in the CSR Manual and in-person training.
- Proficiently and efficiently handle the daily flow of emails and/or incoming live chats.
- Accurately answer product and order questions with correct application of policy and procedure.
- Understanding and correct usage of databases, programs, and electronic communication systems.
- Understanding and correct usage of the various (physical) filing systems found in the CS Office
- Learning the ever-changing product updates and CS policies/procedures.
- Learning and having a working understanding of company messaging, and correct usage and application of standard verbiage for common inquiries.
- Continual herbal/natural product knowledge, including ongoing learning about the expanding MRH product lines.
- Proficient understanding of basic office procedures to include expedites, discount schedules, cancelations, cut-off times, etc.
- Basic understanding of other departments: Claims & Returns, Wholesale, International, QC, etc.
- Communicate with multiple departments (via radio, email, chat and phone) to answer questions, obtain information, and share feedback.
- Computer applications: MS Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint, Word, and Excel. FileMaker, BigCommerce (website platform), ZenDesk (phone, email, live chat program), and other internet-based apps/programs and offline systems. With the expectation that programs and systems might change, and new ones may need to be learned.
- Understand where to direct calls based on inquiries and problems as well as to whom to direct questions that aren't readily answered by office management.
- Correctly and efficiently perform side tasks as needed.
- Willingness to be trained on/use new procedures, equipment, and technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Must have the ability to perform quick and accurate work with a strong attention to detail and efficiency.
- Must have the ability to communicate competently with Customer Service Director, Customer Service Coordinator and Leads, particularly for any questions, concerns or issues that arise.
- Exhibit exceptional customer service skills, and a professional and cheerful demeanor both with customers as well as fellow MRH Staff on the phone, email, radio, etc.
- The ability to follow instructions and work well with others in a team orientated environment.
- Ability to learn, retain, and appropriately apply detailed information quickly.
- Communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Exhibit accurate and efficient typing skills with an emphasis on correct grammar and punctuation.
- Basic knowledge of computer operations to include typing skills, internet research, and ability to work in multiple programs simultaneously.
- Possess basic herbal knowledge as well as a willingness to learn more.
- Position requires the ability to "shift gears" at a moment's notice and have a professional attitude.
You may also want to: