Customer Service Representative (Email and Live Chat)
Location: Eugene, Oregon
General Description: This is a full-time position. This position is primarily written communication and customer service provided via email and live chat. We require exceptional customer service skills, fast and accurate typing, a cheerful demeanor, the ability to switch between tasks rapidly, and a general interest in herbal knowledge.
The starting wage for this position is $17.00/hr.
The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday 7:30am- 4:00pm
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Must have the ability to perform quick and accurate work with a strong attention to detail and efficiency.
- Must have the ability to communicate competently with Customer Service Director, Customer Service Supervisor, and Leads, particularly for any questions, concerns, or issues that arise.
- Exhibit exceptional customer service skills and a professional and cheerful demeanor with customers as well as fellow MRH staff.
- The ability to follow instructions and work well with others in a team orientated environment.
- Be comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn, retain, and appropriately apply detailed information quickly.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Exhibit accurate and efficient typing skills with an emphasis on correct grammar and punctuation.
- Basic knowledge of computer operations to include typing skills, internet research, and ability to work in multiple programs simultaneously.
- Possess a basic interest in herbal products as well as a willingness to learn more.
- Position requires the ability to "shift gears" at a moment's notice and have a professional attitude.
After initial training period: Customer Service Email/Chat Representatives must demonstrate a working knowledge and comprehension in the following areas:
- Dependability: is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback for improved performance.
- Following MRH procedures and protocols, including policies set out for the Customer Service department.
- Strong familiarity with our website and other Mountain Rose Herbs programs and printed materials.
- Familiarity and understanding of the information provided in the CSR Manual and in-person training.
- Proficiently and efficiently handle the daily flow of emails and/or incoming live chats.
- Accurately answer product and order questions with correct application of policy and procedure.
- Understanding and correct usage of databases, programs, and electronic communication systems.
- Learning the ever-changing product updates and CS policies/procedures.
- Learning and having a working understanding of company messaging, and correct usage and application of standard verbiage for common inquiries.
- Continual herbal/natural product knowledge, including ongoing learning about the expanding MRH product lines.
- Proficient understanding of basic office procedures to include expedites, discount schedules, cancelations, cut-off times, etc.
- Developed understanding of other departments: Claims & Returns, Wholesale, International, QC, etc.
- Communicate with multiple departments (via radio, email, chat and phone) to answer questions, obtain information, and share feedback.
- Computer applications: MS Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint, Word, and Excel. FileMaker, HubSpot, BigCommerce (website platform), ZenDesk (phone, email, live chat program), and other internet-based apps/programs and offline systems. The expectation should be that programs and systems may change, and new ones may need to be learned.
- Understand where to direct communication based on inquiries and problems as well as to whom to direct questions that aren't readily answered by office management.
- Correctly and efficiently perform side tasks as needed.
- Be willing to effectively document and communicate any issues or problems that arise during weekend shifts and learn when to reach out to Customer Experience Director with emergencies.
- Willingness to be trained on/use new procedures, equipment, and technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to sit for periods of time while either on the phone and/or performing data entry duties (typing, using a mouse, etc.).
- Minimal physical requirements to include associated standing, bending, and/or stooping to complete routine office tasks.
- Continual physical requirements of sitting or standing to perform standard office job duties.