FileMaker Application Developer
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Please Note: this position requires a working knowledge of FileMaker V.17+
General Description: Mountain Rose Herbs is a progressive company seeking an organized and data driven individual for a dynamic individual who will be responsible for creating and implementing FileMaker database applications and interfaces using both FileMaker native and web-based interfaces. This position will be involved in planning, development, testing, and delivery of internal and externally facing database applications and services and associated website integrations.
This is a full-time position that will require working out of our West-Eugene IT Department. Generally M-F but may include some early/late days and/or weekends to accomplish a specific project and/or be on call as needed.
Starting Wage is $24.00/hour as the floor but will consider training and experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Possess the ability to perform accurate work with a strong attention to detail.
- Possess the ability to perform accurate record keeping and data entry skills, advanced typing and computer skills, and have excellent communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Must effectively communicate competently with IT Manager and escalate any technical issues, roadblocks, or project risks to the IT Manager.
- Working experience with FileMaker v.17+ with an understanding of data relationships, layouts, UI/UX, and reporting.
- Experience with standard project management/software development lifecycle tools with desired experience in Kanban project tools and Jira.
- Functional understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Ability to troubleshoot application functionality issues and communicate with IT and other development staff as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and patience.
- Organizational, problem solving, and time-management skills.
- The ability to work independently and without direct supervision on a regular basis is critical.
- A high standard of professional integrity and honesty both on and off-site, and to maintain the confidentiality of Mountain Rose Herbs, as well as its employees.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Dependability: is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback for improved performance.
- Following MRH procedures and protocols
- Willingness to learn and perform new procedures, equipment, and technologies
- Working as a developer on FileMaker applications and its integration with other applications. Creating layouts, scripts, field definitions, tables, relationships, and reporting.
- Deploy applications and changes in conjunction with operations team.
- Code reviews and management of code repository.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Assist with cosmetic cohesion, functionality, administration, maintenance, version control, and support of company’s public and internal web systems. This includes, but may not be limited to, MRH websites, the blog, press page, and wiki.
- Offer solutions for design and feature upgrades.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds or more
- Pushing a mobile cart
- Working in a fast pace environment
- Exposure to herb dust and strong aromatics
- Eyesight to see the screen and read small fonts and numbers for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for long periods at a computer station
- Associated bending, stooping, twisting and moving around perform tasks.
Equipment used includes but not limited to:
- Software: MS Office 365, MS Windows 10, FileMaker, BigCommerce Platform, GitHub, and Development Environments.
- Printer / scanner / Fax
- Filing equipment
You may also want to: