About the Project
At Mountain Rose Herbs, our core belief is that people, plants, and planet are more important than profit. This motto guides everything that we do, from giving generously to nonprofit organizations to forging close relationships with small organic family farms. We've always tried to lead by example, paving the way for others in our community and beyond.
We recognize that across the country, there are amazing people with big dreams who just need a little assistance to bring their ideas to fruition. We want to help! This year, we will award five grants in the amount of $5,000 each to those who demonstrate that they share our mission-driven philosophy, passion for herbalism, and commitment to taking care of people while protecting the planet. We are looking for grassroots organizers, small businesses (that give back to their community), community herbalists, and nonprofit organizations that are poised to bring their visions to life and make a lasting impact. Tell us how you’re working to make this planet a better place!
The submission period has ended. Winners will be selected by September 17, 2021. Stay tuned...
What We'll Fund
We fund projects aligned with our mission and core values in these categories:
- Herbalism and herbal education
- Accessibility of herbalism (especially to underserved communities)
- Protection of native and medicinal plants
- Environmental stewardship
- Organic and sustainable agriculture
Areas not funded:
- State and federal agencies
- Religious groups
- General fund drives
- Endowment funds
- Fundraising events
- Event sponsorships
Qualifications and Requirements
- Applicant must be 18+ years old and a legal resident of the U.S. with a valid SSN or EIN.
- Projects must take place within the U.S.
- Projects must serve a community of larger than 25 people.
- Small businesses must have annual revenue of less than $250,000.
- We give preference to nonprofit organizations that have been established for a minimum of two years.
- Research projects must have clearly defined goals and a plan to achieve them.
- If you are a nonprofit or individual who has received a cash contribution from Mountain Rose Herbs in the past five years, you are not eligible.
- All applications that meet some of the requirements will be judged fairly based on merit by a team at Mountain Rose Herbs.
- No purchase or entry fee required.
- Winners may be required to sign a liability and publicity release.
How To Apply
In order to be considered, applicants must:
- Complete and sign the Mountain Rose Herbs Grant Application (See "Apply Now" link below).
- Read and agree to the Official Rules.
- Create a video that is three minutes or less that describes your project and mission.
- Share your video on either Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, or Twitter with the hashtag #grants4plants.
*In your video and application, be sure to describe why your project is meaningful, and clearly define your project goals and plans to achieve them. Applicant agrees that if awarded the grant, they will provide a follow-up video six (6) months after receiving the funds to demonstrate how the funds are being used.
The submission period has ended.