Location: Eugene, Oregon
General Description: Mountain Rose Herbs is a progressive company seeking dedicated and enthusiastic individuals for our warehouse shipping operations. Our Order Fulfillment staff create the backbone of our company. All materials pass through their skilled hands, from start to finish. These dedicated workers make up the largest portion of our staff; shipping, order fulfillment, receiving, etc.
This position begins at $17.00/hour with benefits after 90 days.
Staff hired for Order Fulfillment swing/weekend shifts receive a $1/hr. shift differential.
We are looking to fill full time staff positions with production minded individuals who are driven to succeed. We are looking for applicants to fill both Weekend shifts (could start as early as 6 am) and Swing shifts (could work as late as 10pm) with occasional over-time as needed.
This is a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment. Attention to detail while working efficiently, with adherence to regulations and protocols are absolute requirements. Ability to work weekends and a swing shift is a must.
Basic knowledge of or background in production/order filling, packing and shipping orders, and computer/data entry skills are helpful. Knowledge and experience in organic handling, quality control measures, and inventory is preferred, but not required. Our order fulfillment and shipping center is highly computerized, and a basic working knowledge of computer systems and inventory management systems is necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Dependability: is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback for improved performance
- Following MRH procedures and protocols
- Ensuring material Lot Number accuracy and accuracy of all information printed on the labels (includes name, lot number, organic and fair-trade status)
- Responsible for "picking" orders from shelves, tubs, etc based off of itemized invoices
- Wraps, bubble-wraps, packages, and boxes all orders to be shipped with utmost awareness of the packages' integrity
- Verify the accuracy of each order so that the product matches the itemized invoice
- Communicates with Leads/Manager if any changes need to be made
- Accurately inputs and prints paid shipping labels
- Pays special care to expedited orders and correct methods of shipping
- Packages and ships all mail packets and parcels received from in-house offices
- Palletizing packages for shipment
- Willingness to learn and perform new procedures, equipment, and technologies
- Other duties as assigned
Physical requirements may include but are not limited to:
- Working in a fast paced, potentially dusty environment
- Lifting (with assistance if over 50 pounds) on a continuing basis
- Pushing, pulling up to 65+ pounds sporadically but 5-40 pounds continuously
- Stooping, bending at knees, bending at the waist associated with retrieving products from upper and lower shelves/tubs etc.
- Being on one's feet most of the day either while at a fixed station or walking while pushing a loaded cart
- Associated twisting, bending, pulling as necessary to move filled orders, packed boxes, tape up boxes, etc
- Reaching into herb tubs, bags, boxes and barrels to retrieve material.
- Pushing and pulling up to 70 pounds.
- Fast pace environment
- Exposure to herb dust and strong aromatics
You may also want to: