Location: Eugene, Oregon
General Description: Mountain Rose Herbs is a progressive company seeking dedicated and enthusiastic individuals for our warehouse production operations. Our Warehouse staff create the backbone of our company. All materials pass through their skilled hands, from start to finish. Weekend availability preferred.
Staff hired may work at our primary location or one of our auxiliary sites in Eugene. This position begins at $17.00/hour with benefits after 90 days.
Staff hired for Order Fulfillment swing/weekend shift receive a $1/hr. shift differential
We are looking to fill staff positions with production minded individuals who are driven to succeed. This is a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment. Attention to detail while working efficiently, with adherence to regulations and protocols are absolute requirements. Basic knowledge of or background in production/order filling, packing and shipping orders, and computer/data entry skills are helpful. Knowledge and experience in organic handling, quality control measures, and inventory is preferred, but not required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Dependability: is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback for improved performance
- Following MRH procedures and protocols
- Responsible for the processing of raw material into a finished product that meets or exceeds Quality and Customer standards and expectations. Complete multiple orders per day.
- Production positions may include working with auto-fill or other equipment that requires a high degree of awareness of all LO/TO and other safety requirements.
- Ensuring material Lot Number accuracy and accuracy of all information printed on the labels (includes name, lot number, organic and fair-trade status)
- Ensures quality of the end product by examining all ingredients for inferiority, extraneous matter, etc. prior to use
- Maintaining daily production logs, cleaning logs, and label request forms. This includes filled out accurately, timely, and legibly
- Labeling bags, jars, buckets, boxes or bottles with the appropriate label and placement for the product
- Communicates with Leads/Manager if any changes need to be made
- Pays special care to expedited orders
- Willingness to learn and perform new procedures, equipment, and technologies
- Other duties as assigned
Physical requirements may include but are not limited to:
- Working in a fast paced, potentially dusty environment
- Lifting (with assistance if over 50 pounds) on a continuing basks
- Pushing, pulling up to 65+ pounds sporadically but 5-40 pounds continuously
- Stooping, bending at knees, bending at the waist associated with retrieving products from upper and lower shelves/tubs etc.
- Being on one's feet most of the day either while at a fixed station or walking while pushing a loaded cart
- Associated twisting, bending, pulling as necessary to move filled orders, packed boxes, tape up boxes, etc
- Bag/container closing by hand.
- Scooping with various sizes of metal scoops.
- Reaching into herb tubs, bags, boxes and barrels to retrieve material.
- Pushing and pulling up to 70 pounds.
- Fast-paced environment
- Exposure to herb dust and strong aromatics
- Some positions may require respirators or other PPE
You may also want to: