Retail Team Member
Location: Eugene, Oregon
General Description: The Mountain Rose Herbs is seeking a qualified and enthusiastic individual to become part of our Retail store team, filling shifts at both our MRH Mercantile and Mountain Rose Aroma Bar. Our Retail staff are the kind faces of Mountain Rose Herbs, dedicated to helping our customers.
This role requires varying work hours which will include nights, holidays, and the commitment to consistently work weekends. This position requires excellent customer service skills, and the ability to interact face to face with customers, answer product and policy questions, process transactions, assist with merchandising and stock rotation.
We require exceptional customer service skills, herbal/aromatherapy knowledge, a cheerful demeanor, the ability to multitask, and the ability to professionally interact with customers in all conditions The Mercantile is a casual herbal apothecary environment while the Aroma Bar is an upscale aromatherapy boutique. Both require a professional demeanor, product knowledge, as well as a neat, presentable appearance. Additionally, the Aroma Bar atmosphere requires a more professional appearance (business casual dress code), and the accurate facilitation of aromatherapy knowledge.
This position starts at $16.00/hr.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Must have the ability to perform quick and accurate work with a strong attention to detail and cleanliness.
- Must have the ability to communicate competently with Retail Store Manager, particularly for any questions, concerns or issues that arise.
- The ability to follow instructions and work well with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Exhibit exceptional customer service skills and a professional and cheerful demeanor, both with customers as well as fellow MRH Staff in person, on the phone, email, etc.
- Ability to learn and retain detailed information quickly.
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Basic knowledge of computer operations to include typing skills and internet research.
- Possess herbal knowledge as well as a willingness to learn more.
- Position requires the ability to "shift gears" at a moment's notice and have a professional attitude.
Essential Job Functions:
- Dependability: is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback for improved performance.
- Following MRH procedures and protocols.
- Familiarity with print catalog and website.
- Familiarity and understanding of the information provided in the CSR Manual.
- Professionally and efficiently handle customers face to face and over the phone.
- Answer product questions effectively.
- Handle money transactions correctly; calculate totals, various discounts for sales, and recording sales correctly.
- Understanding and correct usage of data bases and electronic inventory systems.
- Understanding and correct usage of the various filing systems.
- Learning product codes and company policies as well as standard responses to queries.
- Growing herbal/natural product knowledge as well as growing knowledge of MRH product line.
- Proficient understanding of retail store procedures.
- Basic understanding of other departments: Claims & Returns, Wholesale, QC etc.
- Communicate with multiple departments (via email, IM, and phone) to answer questions, check quantities and other information that is shared on a daily basis.
- Computer applications: POS system, Filemaker, Email program (Outlook), Microsoft Word, Windows, MRH website navigation
- Maintain store cleanliness to provide a safe and clean environment for staff and customers.
- Creating and maintaining displays, pricing, and stocking as directed. Manage exceptional cleanliness while doing so.
- Remain up to date on all products, including new products and product changes.
- Maintain customer experience through interactions with customers and store presentation to maintain a welcoming atmosphere.
- Willingness to learn and perform new procedures, equipment, and technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical requirements may include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to sit or stand for periods of time while on the sales floor and stock room, performing data entry duties, on the phone, etc.
- Must be able to assist with helping load orders for customers, this may include lifting and carrying of heavy materials (up to 30lbs).
- Associated twisting, pulling, bending at knees and at waist, or reaching up associated with retrieving products, as necessary.
You may also want to: